In the Know
1. What does AIDA stand for?
Attention, Interest, Desire, Action a best practice formula for taking a prospect from disinterested to a sale.
2. Will a letter increase the response rate when sending out a brochure?
Yes, properly done, but not always enough to pay for itself.
3. How can I make bulk rate look first class?
Used metered indicia. Or print metered indicia.
4. What is a A/B split?
A/B is the instruction you give the computer to split your list into two components
A and B, every other name on a different list so you can test.
5. Can you distinguish between a feature and a benefit? And which will bring more sales or people to a program?
Feature describes something about your program or product. Benefit tells what that feature will do for you. Benefits bring sales and people to a program.
6. What response rate do you need on direct mail to be profitable?
Trick question its what return you need on your marketing dollar that is important. Its generally 3 to 1 or 4 to 1, i.e., $400 revenue from $100 marketing effort.